13 Ways to Spot a PR Pro
Do you sometimes feel like you have "I'm in PR" tatoo'd on your forehead? If you think about it, it's pretty easy to spot a PR pro. If you're ever in any doubt, here's 10 ways to tell if someone is in the PR industry. Any to add?
- They have more reporters' and clients' numbers in their phone than friends
- They have a wad of newspapers and magazines ranging from Rod & Reel to the Financial Times poking out of their work bag
- They have a signature on every email and device so they can be easily reached at any moment’s notice and their biggest pet peeve is when someone doesn’t
- They get "holiday panic" in July
- They work investment banker hours but can only afford to shop at Target and Loehmann's
- They plan their lives in .25 increments
- They have more conversations with friends/family over social media than via phone or in-person
- They check their phone ever 20 seconds…slightly more than the average person
- They manage the people in their lives like their clients
- When watching a news program with them rather than commenting on the news, they comment on how brilliant a stunt was
- They get a midnight call that isn’t a booty call but rather a company crisis
- They’re either groaning and moaning when reading the paper on the bus mainly due to stories their clients weren’t in or throwing their hands in the hair and squealing about a stellar placement
- They always say they want to do something else with their lives … but never end up changing careers!